Sunday 17 July 2011

Welcome To My New Blog



Dear Reader,

Well, here we are. 

Or, are we?

I honestly have no idea what to expect in terms of readership now that I am out here on my own.   Being an insider on The Fiddleguy’s website allowed me to peek behind the curtain and view the number of “hits” each of my blogs have accumulated since being posted.  These numbers reveal that either one or two people have been reading my blog entries over and over and over again or there have been more than a handful of people consistently interested in what I (and “she”) have to say.   

Being privy to this information has helped me, more than once, to decide to keep blogging forward so I sincerely thank you for lending me your valuable time and attention.  I have tried to make each and every blog worthy of your involvement while equally trying to not let myself be swayed by the knowledge of your presence.

The greatest value in knowing my blogs are being read by others is how greatly this inspires me to select every word carefully (so as to be able to fully stand behind them).  This has proven to be a good thing for me.  With this being said I will carry on exactly as if you are here with me and will simply hope you are.

I am going to continue to blog as I have been on The Fiddleguy's website since the beginning of this year which, to recap, consists of:
  • my personal interpretation of the cards in the minor arcana of the Tarot (Rider-Waite deck)
  • illustrated Haiku
  • short stories, musings, reflections, revelations and "the like" written in the third person to give you (and me) room to imagine this “she” who is being manifested on the page
  • occasional first-person blogs, such as this, which generally serve to update, announce or orient
I don’t know where this change of venue – or any of the upcoming developments in my life (like going back to school on-line) – will lead so I welcome your company and support while I go forward “whistling in the dark”.

Sincerely,
Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment