Wednesday 20 July 2011

Haiku Mind - (First Posted Jan. 5, 2011)


I had a chance to practice what I am choosing to call “haiku mind” today.

Specifically, instead of being stimulated by something and then running my quickened perceptions up the flagpole - and down the well - of my inner being to make this interesting something mine, so to speak, I simply allow this special something to "speak" to me while I just "listen".

I don't run with it.  I just stay with it, as it is, and try to feel my way into it and then simply convey what I see in the simplest, and truest, of terms as a haiku poem. 

It is a very enjoyable change - of mind - for me.  I need it and I am ready for it. 

NOTE TO READER:  As per my pledge to tone down the expansive quality of my writing (see previous blog, "TOS - Haiku For You") I just resisted the urge to add really before the word need and ready in the last sentence.  Wow!  This is a New Year, indeed.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:  Maybe this is what is known as practicing "restraint".  If so, it makes sense that it would be the antidote to practicing "expansiveness". 

FINAL NOTE:  Blog: "TOS - Haiku For You" is not on this blog site.

No comments:

Post a Comment