Tuesday 19 July 2011

Waiting For Kipling (First Posted Oct. 3, 2010)


"Waiting" is an interesting and, by times, an unavoidable (psychological) position to be in.  It automatically implies something (an outcome of some sort) has not yet been reached and that this something will occur in its own due time - which seldom coincides with the timing preferred by the one who is doing the waiting.

I expect there is an art to waiting and that the most graceful waiting is the most patient waiting.  I expect the least graceful waiting occurs when anxiety forms the emotional underpinning of the experience.

It seems (to me) the only attitude that can make true patience possible is one which whole-heartedly believes in the proper timing for all things and, in holding that belief, also believes that the truest possible outcome is the one which occurs in its own time.

Conversely, it  seem  (to me) anxiety can only creep into the act of waiting when the attitude is one where you and I believe our own timing of occurrences is the correct one and consequently try to (overtly or covertly) force whatever is being waited upon faster than it wishes to come.

Somehow, I think patience is a form of love.  It says, "I so love life - with all its twists and turns, its starts and stops, its ups and downs - that I accept it just the way it is and don't wish for it to be other than it is."

Oh, and by the way, Kipling arrived today - October 5th.  And, my fairly acceptable level of patience was rewarded with it being the perfect day of the week (and week of the month) for him to come home with me.

And, yes, he is a blast - very curious, athletic, swift moving and high reaching, affectionate in small darting doses and handsome!  According to Paula, whose loving hands he was delivered by, Kipling is every inch an Abyssinian. 

Well, I wanted to know what an Aby is like to live with and now I am going to find out. 

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment