Tuesday 19 July 2011

Fathoming The Fool (First Posted Sept. 11, 2010)


I have a gained a lot of understanding recently about both sides of The Fool - the sacred and the profane.

Along with this I have discovered  people who know me well object when I refer to myself as a Fool.  This is because, without exception, they all have a negative concept about who, and what, a Fool is.  In other words,  the profane (worldly) meaning of the fool has come to dominate our understanding of what The Fool is all about.

So, perhaps, blogging about both sides of The Fool - as I have come to understand them from my own experience - will prove helpful to someone (anyone) who shares my “Fool-ish” nature.  It doesn't make sense to think I am the only one around!


To be continued.  Soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment