Tuesday 19 July 2011

Kipling & His Aunties (First Posted Oct. 27, 2010)


I find it really hard to believe another County Girl Overnight Birthday Celebration & PJ Party has come and gone – and this time I was the guest of honour and, also, the hostess.  Where did that year go?

Bonnie and Barb - my two close girlfriends from my childhood -  arrived around 2 and nothing else would do but to have Kipling meet and spend some time with his two "aunties" right away.  Let the feline games begin!   

All three of us are crazy about animals so it was with great pleasure that I introduced Kipling into his new, extended family and it was with even greater pleasure that he was received into the same.  Barb and Bonnie just love him and it made for a lot of fun later in the evening when birthday wrapping was scattered about on the floor at our feet for his (and our) amusement.  In the meantime playing "tickle" through a blanket is always a crowd pleaser.

We did manage to escape Kip's enthusiastic little clutches long enough to go for a long, sunshiny walk through the woods and across the meadows of Lemoine Point which was eventually followed by dinner out and a movie.    I finally saw "The Social Network" and we all found it interesting and well-acted.  It was more than worth the paltry $5.00 admission the local Odeon is charging on Tuesday nights. 

The rest of the evening (and the wee hours of the morning) were spent at my place in our PJ's relaxing, talking, laughing, listening to music and, finally, dancing up a storm just before we all collapsed.  It was a very big and emotionally gratifying day.

As always, at the heart of these celebrations which occur every January (Barb), July (Bonnie) and October (me) is our joy over being reunited a few years ago (me with both of them) as it has made a positive difference in all of our lives.  Speaking for myself I feel both happier and stronger having Bonnie and Barb close by my side and I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment